Saturday, July 29, 2017

Last night I had a dream that.. Oh! Never mind.



You know when you should start being scared of your night dreams? The moment you realize they do come true, when what you see in your dreams occurs exactly right in front of your eyes in real life!

The whole story started when I was a high school student. I did find Physics very difficult that time and my relationship with God has accordingly changed ever since. I used to ask Him a lot to give me the strength to overcome my fears of Math and Physics, and I didn’t notice that I knew Him more, and loved Him even more and more. I used to have terrific dreams through which I could feel Him sending me messages: Not to worry and to trust in Him. My friends still remember many of my weird dreams up till now, as they all took place the same exact way I had previously narrated them.
Examples?
I once phoned my friend the night before Math exam telling her that she shouldn't study, for I had had a dream that something horrible, a battle maybe, was going to happen in the sea the next day and consequently, the exam would be cancelled. A day after, the attack of Gaza “Freedom fleet” took place and the exam was delayed. I had several dreams of my friends as well, being punished for forgetting their homework at home, succeeding in performing many tasks and traveling to foreign countries. Indeed, every single dream came true and now they keep reminding me of my scary talent of expecting and seeing things in my dreams.
Four days before the second war took place in Gaza, I told my mum that something dreadful was going to happen on Wed., at 3:30 pm. In the dream, I was talking to a friend on the phone:
“What? Are you crazy? I can’t leave home now! Can’t you hear the sounds of the drones and the F16s? And how on earth do you think the car will be able to reach the uni now? The streets are full of corpuses and blood! I’m not attending the lecture no matter what, the smell of death is everywhere. Everywhere!”
The disastrous Wednesday came and I saw everything again, just like every tiny detail in the dream.

Not only do my dreams tell about others, but they also convey special messages and meanings to me. Never in a million years will I forget the dream of that aged woman who looked like the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella movie. I was in my bed, unable to move because of being tied up with the TV and the computer cables around me, when she came and helped me remove them. She reminded me that it was dawn already, and that I should be praying at such time. She smiled, wore her cloak and flew. I can never forget the dreams where God showed me the way when I really needed His help, where He allowed me to pick adorable stars from the sky and put them in my bag, where He showed me the Golden sun right in front of my window several times as I’m in love with its beauty. In one of the dreams I had in Ramadan, I was gazing at the sky which wasn’t blue nor even empty. Another life was up there: Charming lights were everywhere, voices of happy people celebrating, exquisite colors of outstanding simple houses hanging from the sky. I had a strange belief that time that what I had seen was nothing but a piece of heaven!

Nowadays, I still have dreams of many people though I don’t actually see them very often. What makes things even more scary is that whatever I see them having or doing, happens literally to them. I saw some of them passing exams, and they did. I saw some of them getting jobs, and they did. I saw some of them sending me incomprehensible messages and talking to me though I haven’t talked to them for months in real life, and they did send me messages or saw me afterwards.

I’ve been told by so many people that it’s a wonderful thing to have such meaningful and interesting dreams, but I’m not sure if they really know how it feels. A part of you feels responsible for what might happen to someone you had a dream about. I mean, what would you do if you had a bad dream about someone you know? Would you just go and ask them to take care and be careful? Or would you keep silent and stand still? How would your reaction be the moment you hear bad news about them later on? I had never been that kind of person who believes in dreams nor their connotations; nonetheless, the unfathomable coincidences of seeing numerous things coming true made me deeply wonder about everything.

I still have no idea why I keep having such dreams, and I haven’t hitherto found answers to my questions: Is it a good thing or a bad thing to have such an ability? Having the ability to see things others may not be able to see, am I supposed to do something to help? If you were me, would you do anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment